Monday, August 19, 2013

Mentors, taskstream and other stuff you'll be looking at...

After enrollment, the first term starts! This is an exciting period. You'll meet your mentor, who will be your guide in the dark. Ever since the first term, I've had weekly calls with my mentor. Not necessarily because I have question each week, but simply because that gives me a deadline for progress. Like many students, I combine my degree program with work and family. And sometimes it can be difficult to find the time to study. Having a weekly call with my mentor ensures that I will force myself to at least have some progress to report.

The first course for all students is ORA1: Education Without Boundaries Orientation. This is a simple web-based course which will help you find your way in the WGU system. You'll figure out how to access resources, get help and use your student e-mail. No rocket science, so no competency units :)

No comments:

Post a Comment