Thursday, August 22, 2013

LZT2 Power, Influence, & Leadership

Next on my list was LZT2, LZT2 Power, Influence, & Leadership.



This was an interesting course. As a techie, I'm not much of a leader so I had to take some extra time to get through this. There are three tasks in Taskstream.

Task 1 requires you to come up with a strategy to change the culture of a slackling group of network administrators. My submission was 8 pages, and I started by analyzing the current situation and the effect thereof on the key stakeholders. In the next section, I presented a leadership strategy, followed by an applicable conflict management strategy. To do so, I first presented all the options, explained the differences and motivated my choices. My fourth section contained a brief outline of the effect of the current company culture on the problems. Lastly, I presented my engagement and collaboration strategies. My work for task 1 was accepted without revisions.

Task 2 requires two deliverables: a communication plan in presentation format, and an explanation of your choices. In my communication plan I first identified the audience, followed by a method of communication. Without giving too much details, my plan involved the use of a survey, and I provided an annotated version of my presentation of 14 slides. The explanation part I submitted in a paper which was only two pages. My work was then returned, requesting additional details on the communication goal, buy-in, resources and the decision-making styles. So be sure to be verbose on these sections.

Task 3 has two separate deliverables. Again I would recommend to treat each deliverable as a separate task. For the first deliverable I created a PowerPoint presentation, again using the WGU template. My submission was 21 slides and I made sure to be very verbose in the comments section. My paper was 8 pages. My strategy regarding the scenario was to use established ways of reporting to multiple managers. I explained my strategies using organizational diagrams and verbose text. Again, the recommendation is to be very verbose in your responses. The course mentor has a Youtube video regarding the requirements.


2 comments:

  1. They must have rewritten Task 1 since you did it. The first section now asks you to evaluate a leadership strategy, 2nd section wants 2 conflict management strategies, 3rd section wants evaluate influence of culture on the successful resolution of one issue, and the last section still involves engagement and collaboration.

    ReplyDelete