Wednesday, August 21, 2013

LYT2 Current & Emerging Technology

The next subject in my term was LYT2. This course has a total of three tasks.



Task 1 is relatively simple, I wrote an 8 page response to the RFP based on Microsoft Sharepoint and Peoplesoft. Not that I am a fan of these technologies, but it was easy to get some screenshots to include. Adding visual aides in your paper will significantly improve the overall quality. Here is a screenshot:






My submission was accepted without need for revisions.

Task 2 was a bit more research-intensive. In this task, you'll need to find two references for five different access technologies. The wording on this is a bit open to suggestion, but what I did was first come up with 5 different access technologies: xDSL, cable, wireless (cell-based), satellite and microwave. For each of these technologies, I searched Google Books for applicable books and used the preview option to identify suitable books.  In my paper, I did not use the regular APA style references, but used the bibliography style references. This means that my references were included "in-line".  My submission was 10 pages and accepted in the first go. 

Task 3 was a relative big one as well. I was able to capture all deliverables in one document. My first item in the paper was an explanation of virtualization technology, using a lot of visual aides. Following this, I justified my choices, and explained how to secure buy-in from the different stakeholders and opinion leaders. Despite my great graphical explanation, my work was returned for additional detail regarding the adoption and support strategies. My second submission was accepted.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for setting up this blog. As a newer student it's very helpful to hear the experiences of someone who has gone through the same courses.

    For LYT2 on task 1 how did you identify "key stakeholders"? Does that just mean making up some names/titles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case anyone else needs clarification on which "key stakeholders" need to be identified, I believe the assessors are looking for "employees & customers".

      Delete
    2. Not to detract from A Night Owl's excellent blog, but during my time at WGU I believe I would have benefited from seeing example assignments to help clarify what the assessors were expecting.

      So, to help out future students, I've decided to post my coursework here:
      http://www.msitm.net/

      Delete
  2. Did you actually include any cost or cost models for this?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete