Wednesday, August 21, 2013

JIT2: Risk Management

After completing three courses in my first term, I had about two months left so I talked to my mentor and we decided to add another course. This time, I would bite the bullet on JIT2.



JIT2 has only one task, but it has three deliverables. My suggestion would be to treat each of the deliverables as a separate task (1A, 1B, 1C) and create separate documents for them.

All tasks are loosely connected to each other. You are the "consultant" for an existing company of your choice.

Task 1A requires you to create a Risk Register. My submission was about 12 pages and contained an analysis of all risks and mitigations, followed by the actual risk register at the end.

Task 1B requires a business contingency plan. My submission was 16 pages and contained a plan based on my risk register. Considering the rubric, I was very elaborate in my responses to make sure it would be accepted on the first go.

Task 1C requires a presentation, with detail in the notes section. My presentation was 12 slides. I used the WGU template again, and made sure I had enough visual aids.



The company I chose was ALPA, anagram for their stock ticker AAPL. Obviously Apple Inc has a lot of international business and risks associated with it. This means that it is relatively easy to find risks and explain those, rather than breaking your head around finding risks associated with your local bakery.

My work was accepted in the first go. YAY :)



1 comment:

  1. Can you post your assignment i would like to see how you did it.

    ReplyDelete